September 28th, 2015 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 22:56, 1 February 2018 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Reviews

Decisions

Upcoming Events

Task Status

  • PirateCon 2015 Videos
    • Evan Greer talk (Bluestreak)
  • MAAPL form (srevilak)
  • Newsletter (Kendra, paper_waves, ?)
    • Design & Feedback
    • Distribution Planning (besides emailing a pdf)
      • Gather list of people to mail it to (?)
      • Gather a list of places to distribute it (?)
      • Decide on the print run (?)
    • Distribute
  • Media
    • Updated media list (noe)
    • Oct. - Free Software & Innovation
    • Nov. - 2016 Elections
    • Dec. - ?
  • Blog posts
    • Local/regional contacts (jokeefe) - Regional page up. Working on local pages.
    • TPP update (jokeefe)
    • CISA update (jokeefe)
  • Tech - see for priorities
    • Bitcoin + Credit card gateway in CiviCRM (srevilak, js0000, Kendra)
    • Improve UI navigation of wiki & expose more wiki bits on blog (Noe, jokeefe)
    • Allow distributed organizing on CiviCRM (and pointers to get started) (Kendra, srevilak, Chris, jokeefe)
    • js0000 and jokeefe will work on building a tool to manage twitter:
    • Forum (or needed now that lists are publicized?)
  • Materials
  • Policies update (jokeefe)
    • Check on the state of them
    • Write up doc on using git & commenting on & voting on changes.

Tasks: Wiki list, PiratePad version.


Event Planning

  1. Sep. 30, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville
  2. Oct. 3, 7-11pm, FSF 30th Anniversary Celebration, CIC Boston, 50 Milk St, Boston
  3. Oct. 13 (probably), Cory Doctorow Event - Working with other groups
  4. Oct. 28, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somervilleafts
  5. Nov. event?
  6. Nov. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville
  7. Dec. event?
  8. Dec. 30, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville ?

Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
  • igel
  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • benC

Observers

  • davidd
  • Pharyngeal
  • zby

Summary

Wikileaks Birthday party. Planning. https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPWikileaksBirthday2015. Need a cake that says "Happy 9th Birthday, Wikileaks". Steve will work on press release; short announcement on Tue, then a longer press release to local papers on Fri or Sat. Lucia offers to make buttons. Igel will scope out cake.

Cory Doctorow events on 10/13. Signup at http://www.fordhallforum.org/programs/remote-control. Lucia will do blog post.

Task status. Jokeefe hoping to work on videos this weekend. Steve continues to make progress on MAAPL form.

Minutes

 
21:01 < Bluestreak> ahoy
21:01 < jokeefe> ok, well whatever you can find out igel
21:01 < jokeefe> ahoy srevilak
21:02 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_28th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:02 < srevilak> hi all
21:02 < jokeefe> ids - James O’Keefe
21:02 < jokeefe> Somerville
21:02 < jokeefe> anyone want to add anything?
21:02 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:02 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:04 < jokeefe> Reviews - anything more to add beyond what was noted
        in the wiki?
21:07 < jokeefe> Ok, moving on.  No Decisions on the agenda so looking
        at event planning.
21:07 < jokeefe> Anyone going to the FSF 30th?
21:08 < srevilak> I'm going
21:08 < Bluestreak> Oh promote Cory there!
21:08 < Bluestreak> Please.
21:08 < Bluestreak> You have the buttons and the flyers?
21:09 < jokeefe> ahoy benC
21:09 < benC> good evening crew
21:09 < jokeefe> I have a bunch.
21:09 < igel> eve
21:10 < igel> William Fleurant, Arlington
21:10 < Bluestreak> Ahoy
21:10 < igel> ahoy!
21:10 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_28th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:10 < jokeefe> on event planning
21:11 < jokeefe> Moving on to Wikileaks B-day party
        https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPWikileaksBirthday2015
21:12 < Bluestreak> We are a maybe for that.
21:12 < jokeefe> hope so
21:13 < jokeefe> there are a bunch of tasks
21:13 < jokeefe> who will be there?
21:14 < Bluestreak> Remind me where it will be?
21:15 < igel> $headcount++
21:15 < srevilak> $headcount++ as well
21:15 < Bluestreak> Oh! If you are bringing the banners, bring the
        flag bunting.
21:15 < igel> heh.. davis sq. parkin at behind tuffs/harvard-vanguard
21:15 < igel> (no?)
21:15 < Bluestreak> oh right outside...
21:16 < Bluestreak> If we can make it we can get the encampment gear
        from you then.
21:16 < jokeefe> That would be great
21:17 < jokeefe> Anyone willing to get the cake?
21:17 < jokeefe> or write and send a press release
21:18 < benC> where is the cake being made?
21:18 < igel> priorities (heh)
21:18 < srevilak> benC: person who picks up the cake decides
21:19 < srevilak> jokeefe: I can put a press release on the blog
        tomorrow night
21:19 < jokeefe> yes, srevilak.  As long as it says Happy (#)th Birthday,
        Wikileaks
21:19 < Bluestreak> 9th
21:20 < Bluestreak> last year was 8
21:20 < Bluestreak> I will make buttons to give out.
21:21 < jokeefe> thanks, on the press release, srevilak. though I think
        the one we send out Wednesday should be a notification of the event.
        Lets send the longer one to local papers by Sat?
21:22 < srevilak> jokeefe: that seems reasonable
21:23 < jokeefe> so anyone want to commit to getting the cake?
21:23 < igel> yeah
21:24 < igel> i think im walkn thru the area tomorro? so, ill scope
        abakery out there.
21:24 < jokeefe> thanks
21:24 < srevilak> yes, thanks igel
21:25 < igel> hmm, im still 50/50 tho -- ill keep you advised #opcake
21:25 < jokeefe> I have used Shaws in Porter.
21:25 < Bluestreak> Oh, getting the cake in Davis is a good idea!
21:25 < Bluestreak> Shaws is cheaper.
21:25 < jokeefe> They have sheet cakes and are quick to write on it.
21:26 < benC> I will bring my camera to take pictures of the event/cake
21:26 < jokeefe> thanks!
21:27 < jokeefe> on 10/13 there are two Cory Doctorow events.
21:28 < jokeefe> The suffolk/ford hall forum event sign up is at
        http://www.fordhallforum.org/programs/remote-control
21:29 < jokeefe> There is a flyer as well.
21:30 < jokeefe> Bluestreak, would you be able to put a new post up
        about it?
21:30 < Bluestreak> Confused.
21:30 < Bluestreak> We have a post… What else to say?
21:31 < jokeefe> new link & flyer
21:31 < jokeefe> also, good to send updates
21:32 < Bluestreak> I will see what I can do.
21:32 < jokeefe> thanks
21:33 < jokeefe> who will be at it?
21:34 < Bluestreak> We are a def for the eve. Jason will be in MA that
        week for it.
21:34 < srevilak> I am a maybe
21:35 < Bluestreak> Aw, only a maybe?
21:35 < srevilak> Yes, only a maybe
21:35 < Bluestreak> Who is going to the Berkman luncheon?
21:35 < jokeefe> hopefully.  Depends on work.
21:36 < benC> I can probably go to the luncheon
21:37 < jokeefe> great
21:37 < jokeefe> Moving on to Task Status
21:38 < jokeefe> No update on PirateCon 2015 Videos from me.  Hoping to
        get some done this week/weekend.
21:39 < Bluestreak> I wore myself out this weekend. I still need to
        recover.
21:39 < srevilak> re: MAAPL, I put the remaining field definitions in
        place this evening.  Hoping to get the form part done tomorrow.
21:39 < jokeefe> great, srevilak
21:40 < jokeefe> Get some rest, Bluestreak
21:40 < Bluestreak> I plan to!
21:40 < jokeefe> :-)
21:41 < jokeefe> No update on the Newsletter, that I know of
21:41 < Bluestreak> Kendra was telling me at FR that she is moving back
        to Detroit
21:41 < jokeefe> Planning to get an email out by Wed. morning.
21:42 < srevilak> Bluestreak: yes, moving on Wed, I believe
21:43 < jokeefe> Hopefully she is able to help remotely and visit
        periodically
21:43 < benC> it will be a shame to lose her
21:43 < jokeefe> The other blog posts were pushed aside by more pressing
        issues
21:44 < srevilak> benC: agreed
21:44 < jokeefe> I will put up a petition for the tax credit this week
21:49 < jokeefe> any other updates?
21:54 < benC> not from me
21:54 < jokeefe> all right
21:54 < jokeefe> shall we adjourn then?
21:54 < benC> sounds like we should
21:56 < jokeefe> all in favor?
21:56 < benC> aye!
21:56 < Bluestreak> aye
21:56 < igel> cheers
21:57 < jokeefe> aye
21:57 < jokeefe> srevilak, you got the notes?
21:59 < srevilak> got the notes
22:00 < benC> night all
22:00 < jokeefe> thanks
22:00 < jokeefe> night all