September 28th, 2015 IRC Meeting
- 9/30, 6-9pm, Mesh Networking Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville
- 10/3, 7-11pm, FSF 30th Anniversary Celebration, CIC Boston, 50 Milk St, Boston
- 10/4, 1pm - Wikileaks 9th Birthday, Davis Sq., Somerville
- 10/13, Kill all DRM in the world forever, within a decade, conversation with Cory Doctorow, Berkman Center at Harvard University, Harvard Law School campus, Wasserstein Hall, Milstein West A
- 10/13, 6-8:30pm, The Remote-Controlled Society, Roundtable with Cory Doctorow and others, C. Walsh Theater, Suffolk University, Boston
- Flyering/signature gathering outside
- PirateCon 2015 Videos
- Evan Greer talk (Bluestreak)
- MAAPL form (srevilak)
- Newsletter (Kendra, paper_waves, ?)
- Design & Feedback
- Distribution Planning (besides emailing a pdf)
- Gather list of people to mail it to (?)
- Gather a list of places to distribute it (?)
- Decide on the print run (?)
- Updated media list (noe)
- Oct. - Free Software & Innovation
- Nov. - 2016 Elections
- Dec. - ?
- Blog posts
- Local/regional contacts (jokeefe) - Regional page up. Working on local pages.
- TPP update (jokeefe)
- CISA update (jokeefe)
- Tech - see for priorities
- Bitcoin + Credit card gateway in CiviCRM (srevilak, js0000, Kendra)
- Improve UI navigation of wiki & expose more wiki bits on blog (Noe, jokeefe)
- Allow distributed organizing on CiviCRM (and pointers to get started) (Kendra, srevilak, Chris, jokeefe)
- js0000 and jokeefe will work on building a tool to manage twitter:
design(jokeefe) - posted at Twitter API design
- coding (js0000 & jokeefe)
- Forum (or needed now that lists are publicized?)
- Policies update (jokeefe)
- Check on the state of them
- Write up doc on using git & commenting on & voting on changes.
- Sep. 30, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville
- Oct. 3, 7-11pm, FSF 30th Anniversary Celebration, CIC Boston, 50 Milk St, Boston
- Oct. 13 (probably), Cory Doctorow Event - Working with other groups
- Oct. 28, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somervilleafts
- Nov. event?
- Nov. 25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville
- Dec. event?
- Dec. 30, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville ?
Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge
- Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
- jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
Wikileaks Birthday party. Planning. https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPWikileaksBirthday2015. Need a cake that says "Happy 9th Birthday, Wikileaks". Steve will work on press release; short announcement on Tue, then a longer press release to local papers on Fri or Sat. Lucia offers to make buttons. Igel will scope out cake.
Cory Doctorow events on 10/13. Signup at http://www.fordhallforum.org/programs/remote-control. Lucia will do blog post.
Task status. Jokeefe hoping to work on videos this weekend. Steve continues to make progress on MAAPL form.
21:01 < Bluestreak> ahoy 21:01 < jokeefe> ok, well whatever you can find out igel 21:01 < jokeefe> ahoy srevilak 21:02 < jokeefe> agenda - https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_28th,_2015_IRC_Meeting 21:02 < srevilak> hi all 21:02 < jokeefe> ids - James O’Keefe 21:02 < jokeefe> Somerville 21:02 < jokeefe> anyone want to add anything? 21:02 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:02 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero 21:04 < jokeefe> Reviews - anything more to add beyond what was noted in the wiki? 21:07 < jokeefe> Ok, moving on. No Decisions on the agenda so looking at event planning. 21:07 < jokeefe> Anyone going to the FSF 30th? 21:08 < srevilak> I'm going 21:08 < Bluestreak> Oh promote Cory there! 21:08 < Bluestreak> Please. 21:08 < Bluestreak> You have the buttons and the flyers? 21:09 < jokeefe> ahoy benC 21:09 < benC> good evening crew 21:09 < jokeefe> I have a bunch. 21:09 < igel> eve 21:10 < igel> William Fleurant, Arlington 21:10 < Bluestreak> Ahoy 21:10 < igel> ahoy! 21:10 < jokeefe> agenda - https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_28th,_2015_IRC_Meeting 21:10 < jokeefe> on event planning 21:11 < jokeefe> Moving on to Wikileaks B-day party https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPWikileaksBirthday2015 21:12 < Bluestreak> We are a maybe for that. 21:12 < jokeefe> hope so 21:13 < jokeefe> there are a bunch of tasks 21:13 < jokeefe> who will be there? 21:14 < Bluestreak> Remind me where it will be? 21:15 < igel> $headcount++ 21:15 < srevilak> $headcount++ as well 21:15 < Bluestreak> Oh! If you are bringing the banners, bring the flag bunting. 21:15 < igel> heh.. davis sq. parkin at behind tuffs/harvard-vanguard 21:15 < igel> (no?) 21:15 < Bluestreak> oh right outside... 21:16 < Bluestreak> If we can make it we can get the encampment gear from you then. 21:16 < jokeefe> That would be great 21:17 < jokeefe> Anyone willing to get the cake? 21:17 < jokeefe> or write and send a press release 21:18 < benC> where is the cake being made? 21:18 < igel> priorities (heh) 21:18 < srevilak> benC: person who picks up the cake decides 21:19 < srevilak> jokeefe: I can put a press release on the blog tomorrow night 21:19 < jokeefe> yes, srevilak. As long as it says Happy (#)th Birthday, Wikileaks 21:19 < Bluestreak> 9th 21:20 < Bluestreak> last year was 8 21:20 < Bluestreak> I will make buttons to give out. 21:21 < jokeefe> thanks, on the press release, srevilak. though I think the one we send out Wednesday should be a notification of the event. Lets send the longer one to local papers by Sat? 21:22 < srevilak> jokeefe: that seems reasonable 21:23 < jokeefe> so anyone want to commit to getting the cake? 21:23 < igel> yeah 21:24 < igel> i think im walkn thru the area tomorro? so, ill scope abakery out there. 21:24 < jokeefe> thanks 21:24 < srevilak> yes, thanks igel 21:25 < igel> hmm, im still 50/50 tho -- ill keep you advised #opcake 21:25 < jokeefe> I have used Shaws in Porter. 21:25 < Bluestreak> Oh, getting the cake in Davis is a good idea! 21:25 < Bluestreak> Shaws is cheaper. 21:25 < jokeefe> They have sheet cakes and are quick to write on it. 21:26 < benC> I will bring my camera to take pictures of the event/cake 21:26 < jokeefe> thanks! 21:27 < jokeefe> on 10/13 there are two Cory Doctorow events. 21:28 < jokeefe> The suffolk/ford hall forum event sign up is at http://www.fordhallforum.org/programs/remote-control 21:29 < jokeefe> There is a flyer as well. 21:30 < jokeefe> Bluestreak, would you be able to put a new post up about it? 21:30 < Bluestreak> Confused. 21:30 < Bluestreak> We have a post… What else to say? 21:31 < jokeefe> new link & flyer 21:31 < jokeefe> also, good to send updates 21:32 < Bluestreak> I will see what I can do. 21:32 < jokeefe> thanks 21:33 < jokeefe> who will be at it? 21:34 < Bluestreak> We are a def for the eve. Jason will be in MA that week for it. 21:34 < srevilak> I am a maybe 21:35 < Bluestreak> Aw, only a maybe? 21:35 < srevilak> Yes, only a maybe 21:35 < Bluestreak> Who is going to the Berkman luncheon? 21:35 < jokeefe> hopefully. Depends on work. 21:36 < benC> I can probably go to the luncheon 21:37 < jokeefe> great 21:37 < jokeefe> Moving on to Task Status 21:38 < jokeefe> No update on PirateCon 2015 Videos from me. Hoping to get some done this week/weekend. 21:39 < Bluestreak> I wore myself out this weekend. I still need to recover. 21:39 < srevilak> re: MAAPL, I put the remaining field definitions in place this evening. Hoping to get the form part done tomorrow. 21:39 < jokeefe> great, srevilak 21:40 < jokeefe> Get some rest, Bluestreak 21:40 < Bluestreak> I plan to! 21:40 < jokeefe> :-) 21:41 < jokeefe> No update on the Newsletter, that I know of 21:41 < Bluestreak> Kendra was telling me at FR that she is moving back to Detroit 21:41 < jokeefe> Planning to get an email out by Wed. morning. 21:42 < srevilak> Bluestreak: yes, moving on Wed, I believe 21:43 < jokeefe> Hopefully she is able to help remotely and visit periodically 21:43 < benC> it will be a shame to lose her 21:43 < jokeefe> The other blog posts were pushed aside by more pressing issues 21:44 < srevilak> benC: agreed 21:44 < jokeefe> I will put up a petition for the tax credit this week 21:49 < jokeefe> any other updates? 21:54 < benC> not from me 21:54 < jokeefe> all right 21:54 < jokeefe> shall we adjourn then? 21:54 < benC> sounds like we should 21:56 < jokeefe> all in favor? 21:56 < benC> aye! 21:56 < Bluestreak> aye 21:56 < igel> cheers 21:57 < jokeefe> aye 21:57 < jokeefe> srevilak, you got the notes? 21:59 < srevilak> got the notes 22:00 < benC> night all 22:00 < jokeefe> thanks 22:00 < jokeefe> night all