February 21st, 2017 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Democracy/IT Meeting - notes

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Fundraising & Conference

Srevilak and jokeefe went reviewed contract terms and details of agreement with Aaron James. srevilak is presenting it with Aaron and will send it out to list.

Keeping hours to 20/week and will reassess as we get donations.

Starting Local Chapters

Campaign Workshops

We got bumped from our location for Saturday's WMass training. Looking for a new location, but will likely move to March.

Message board application

Local Surveillance Ordinances

Cryptoparties

MAAPL Fight Foreclosure Campaign

Clinics are wrapping up this week. Likely to be an on-going activity, but jokeefe is looking for a broader plan before giving assistance.

Having someone from Worcester Anti-Foreclosure Group speak at PirateCon could be interesting. They integrated legal and direct action techniques to stop over 90% of the foreclosures they took on.

Projects On Hold For the Moment

Both of these could be topics for future hackathons.

CCTV Camera Map

Together Boston Meshnet

Upcoming Events

  1. 2/22, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty
  2. 2/25, Campaign Training (tentative)

See: 2017 calendar

Participants

  • srevilak
  • ovenbirdmash
  • G
  • aaron

Observers

  • Techrev
  • papegaai
  • Sankey
  • davidd
  • igel

Summary

Minutes

 
21:02 < srevilak> agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/February_21st,_2017_IRC_Meeting
21:02 < papegaai> Title: February 21st, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate
        Wiki (at masspirates.org)
21:03 < srevilak> so far, it's just the two of us.
21:03 < srevilak> jokeefe is not feeling well, and may not be up to
        joining tonight
21:04 < srevilak> hi aaron
21:04 < srevilak> agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/February_21st,_2017_IRC_Meeting
21:05 < papegaai> Title: February 21st, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate
        Wiki (at masspirates.org)
21:05 < aaron> hello
21:05 < srevilak> hi G
21:05 < G> yo
21:05 < G> :D
21:05 < srevilak> I think we've got enough to get started
21:05 < srevilak> Notes from Saturday's Democracy/IT meeting:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/February_18th,_2017_Democracy/IT_Meeting
21:05 < papegaai> Title: February 18th, 2017 Democracy/IT Meeting -
        Mass Pirate Wiki (at masspirates.org)
21:06 < srevilak> We tested a couple of signup forms for piratecon,
        talked about IT needs for fundraising, and continued our discussion
        about hosting a forum/discussion board site
21:07 < srevilak> I met with Puer the following day, and we (almost)
        set up discourse on his laptop
21:07 < srevilak> I think that's basically it.
21:07 < srevilak> ovenbirdmash: anything I missed?
21:09 < srevilak> Anything further, before moving on to fundraising?
21:10 < srevilak> Fundraising & Conference
21:10 < srevilak> Aaron started fundraising this week (today actually).
        He's calling our supporters, and asking them to contribute
21:11 < srevilak> He'll do 20 hours of calling, and then we'll stop
        to reassess
21:11 < srevilak> aaron: would you like to add any updates?
21:11 < aaron> Went ok today, took time getting use to the system and all
21:12 < aaron> made three contacts and one donation, think it will go well
21:12 < ovenbirdmash> nope, didn't miss anything
21:13 < srevilak> Piratecon is April 29th
21:13 < srevilak> We're still trying to nail down a venue
21:14 < srevilak> I wrote to folks at Tent city (where we held the
        conference last year), but haven't heard back.
21:14 < srevilak> Past conferences have also been held at the Democracy
        center in cambridge, and community church in boston
21:14 < srevilak> Any suggestions on a venue for this year?
21:15 < G> nope i got nothin.
21:16 < srevilak> If you have ideas for potential venues, please send
        them to info@masspirates.org, or activists@masspirates.org
21:16 < srevilak> Even better if you can get in touch with them re:
        rates and availability
21:16 < srevilak> ideally, we'd like to spend $350 or less on the venue
21:17 < aaron> We want to keep it near or in the city?
21:17 < srevilak> In the 95/128 belt would be fine, even if not in boston
21:19 < srevilak> anyway, much appreciated if you can give it some
        thought and forward any ideas
21:19 < srevilak> anything else before moving on?
21:20 < G> nope :D
21:20 < srevilak> Moving on, then
21:20 < srevilak> Campaign Workshops
21:20 < srevilak> We had planned a `run local' workshop this weekend,
        in Holyoke
21:21 < srevilak> Unfortunately, we got bumped from the venue
21:21 < srevilak> so it's not going to happen
21:21 < srevilak> Working with our contact to reschedule.  Maybe in march
21:22 < srevilak> MAAPL Fight Foreclosure Campaign
21:22 < srevilak> MAAPL = Massachusetts Alliance Against Predatory Lending
21:22 < srevilak> It's a group that tries to help people beat bogus
        mortgage forclosures
21:23 < srevilak> Jamie, I and others have been working with them for
        several months
21:23 < srevilak> they've been holding clinics, to help people file
        paperwork to contest foreclosures
21:23 < srevilak> That's still ongoing
21:24 < srevilak> Upcoming Events
21:24 < srevilak> There's a cryptoparty tomorrow
21:24 < srevilak> https://www.cryptoparty.in/boston
21:24 < papegaai> Title: boston [CryptoParty.] (at www.cryptoparty.in)
21:24 < srevilak> swing by if you're free
21:25 < srevilak> I'll be demonstrating a fancy infrared CCTV camera :)
21:26 < G> i'm'a be stuck up in Lowell, so i dunno about that. sounds
        spiffy though
21:26 < srevilak> yes, lowell -> Somerville is a bit of a haul
21:27 < G> bit of a hike on foot
21:27 < G> :P
21:27 < srevilak> At any rate, that's the agenda
21:28 < srevilak> any additional topics to discuss?
21:29 < G> i don't think so
21:29 < srevilak> Would anyone like to make a motion to adjourn?
21:30 < G> i'll move to adjourn
21:30 < srevilak> second
21:30 < srevilak> all in favor?
21:30 < aaron> aye
21:30 < srevilak> aye
21:30 < G> ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee
21:31 < srevilak> ovenbirdmash?
21:31 < G> too late :P
21:31 < srevilak> I guess that's it then
21:31 < srevilak> will post the transcript