June 6th, 2016 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Campaigns Status

Aaron James Campaign

  • 6/14, Fundraiser, Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143

PirateCon 2016

  • Date set at 6/25.
  • Speaker sign up & registration (pay/nonpay) forms and conference page are up.

Todo

  • Finalize schedule today
  • Streaming setup status
  • Get word out
    • Email act-ma and other lists
    • Flyers (KM will make one. Needs final topics list)
    • Call supporters
    • Poster
  • Food
  • Merch
    • Shirts
    • Buttons
    • Books
  • Plan post-conference activity

Boston Pride Parade

We are marching again this year on 6/11. Got marshals, need:

  • srevilak & jokeefe went to marshal training. Looks like they are staggering the times that groups need to have all their marchers.
  • Sign up form / Facebook event are done
  • jokeefe picked up some rainbow flags. Working on putting the party logo on them.
  • Pirate ship is functional

Pirate Picnic

  • Pick date
  • Have flyer for PirateCon

Upcoming Events

  1. 6/7, 6-8pm, Pride Art Gathering, 25 Moore St., Somerville
  2. 6/10, 6pm, Boston Dyke March, Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common, Boston
  3. 6/11, 10am-4pm, Boston Pride Parade, Boston
  4. 6/14, Fundraiser, Arts at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143
  5. 6/25, 10am-6pm, PirateCon 2016
  6. 6/29, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville
  7. July, WMass Cryptoparty?
  8. 7/27, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville
  9. July-Aug Pirate Picnic
  10. 8/31, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville
  11. Sep., Freedom Rally
  12. 9/28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, 577 Somerville Ave., Somerville

Every Wed., Digital Fourth meeting, noon-1pm, 101 Main Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • Kendra
  • Noe

Observers

  • davidd
  • igel

Summary

Notes from Sunday's Tech Meeting. We made good progress on the streaming setup.

Piratecon. Working copy of schedule. The spreadsheet has several versions of the schedule. We decided to go with Schedule "C". We plan to make buttons, and have a few books/shirts to sell. None of the piratecon registrants (so far) have expressed an interest in childcare.

Minutes

 
21:06 < jokeefe> agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_6th,_2016_IRC_Meeting
21:06 < jokeefe> ids
21:06 < jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:06 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:06 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:08 < jokeefe> Review
21:08 < jokeefe> Posted IT meeting notes at
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_5th,_2016_IT_Meeting
21:11 < jokeefe> So if you want to add anything …
21:11 < jokeefe> Campaigns Status
21:11 < jokeefe> Aaron James Campaign fundraiser is next week
21:12 < jokeefe> ahoy
21:12 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_6th,_2016_IRC_Meeting
21:12 < jokeefe> PirateCon 2016
21:12 < Kendra> Hi all, Kendra Moyer in Highland Park, Michigan
21:13 < jokeefe> srevilak, have you heard back from everyone as to
        their availablity
21:15 < jokeefe> I reached out to Lauren P. at Lucia’s suggestion.
        She is busy but is interested in participating.  Won’t have time to
        talk until next week.
21:16 < srevilak> Terra, Paul, and the speaker from masscannabis are
        all flexible on the times.
21:16 < jokeefe> good
21:16 < Kendra> I talked to Ivy and she is not able to attend.  It sounds
        like there were some other people marijuana reform
21:16 < srevilak> No issues for the 2-4:59 range
21:17 < jokeefe> we put the draft schedule up at
        https://calc.mayfirst.org/mi62xx5j80
21:18 < Bluestreak> Did you get ahold of Lauren?
21:18 < jokeefe> yes
21:18 < Bluestreak> I need to reach out to Mike’s contacts
        again…. And?
21:18 < jokeefe> she is busy but is interested
21:19 < jokeefe> hope to meet next week
21:19 < Bluestreak> OK well a panel discussion is less confrontational
        and perhaps prefered
21:19 < jokeefe> so I updated the schedule at
        https://calc.mayfirst.org/mi62xx5j80
21:19 < Bluestreak> manybe she could be the moderatoe?
21:19 < jokeefe> what would you tweak?
21:21 < Bluestreak> On the schedule? Or with the debate/panel?
21:21 < jokeefe> schedule
21:23 < jokeefe> does it work?
21:24 < Bluestreak> If Lauren can participate, she might prefer the 11
        am slot. That’s about it.
21:24 < srevilak> I think the schedule is fine.  We have a 30 min block
        free after Terra's slot, but perhaps that's not a bad thing
21:25 < Bluestreak> Or maybe as late at 2.
21:25 < jokeefe> trying an alternative
21:25 < Bluestreak> I have to present the panel idea to Mike’s contacts,
        and craft a post for him to share with his followers.
21:26 < Bluestreak> I need to get that done very soon.
21:28 < jokeefe> hmmm… spreadsheet seems locked
21:30 < jokeefe> so I put up a schedule A and B
21:31 < Bluestreak> 8)
21:32 < srevilak> Given the choice between A and B, my personal preference
        is A
21:33 < jokeefe> what do you like about A
21:33 < jokeefe> ?
21:33 < srevilak> grouping of the party stuff at the beginning
21:34 < srevilak> I think past and current campaigns are a good preface
        to future organizing
21:35 < srevilak> I also thought that Municipal rights and FOIA laws
        grouped well together
21:35 < Bluestreak> I think we should address organizing *after* we talk
        about issues.
21:35 < Bluestreak> Problems>>solutions
21:36 < jokeefe> I created a schedule C
21:36 < jokeefe> :-)
21:37 < srevilak> C is fine too
21:39 < Bluestreak> :-)
21:39 < jokeefe> We could put a half hour organizing discussion after
        Municipal rights?
21:39 < jokeefe> That we can compress or not as needed
21:40 < Bluestreak> Clue me in pls...
21:40 < Bluestreak> Municipal rights?
21:40 < srevilak> sounds fine to me
21:40 < Bluestreak> Like right to broadband?
21:42 < srevilak> More like
        http://nhcommunityrights.org/projects/rights-based-ordinances/, I think
21:42 < jokeefe> So C?
21:43 < srevilak> okay with C
21:43 < srevilak> Re: municipal rights, also
        http://celdf.org/law-library/local-law-center/
21:43 < Bluestreak> Sure, C
21:44 < jokeefe> C it is.  Will put it up.
21:44 < Bluestreak> Thanks, srevilak, understand now
21:44 < jokeefe> and get Kate info
21:45 < jokeefe> for flyers/posters
21:45 < jokeefe> srevilak: we are good to go on streaming?
21:45 < srevilak> For audio, yes, I think so.
21:46 < srevilak> I spent sunday evening experimenting with gstreamer,
        and may be able to put something more elaborate together
21:46 < jokeefe> wonderful
21:46 < srevilak> Did noe respond, re camera?
21:46 < jokeefe> sorry, yes.  she will try to bring one.
21:46 < srevilak> ah good
21:47 < Bluestreak> Oh audio inputs.
21:47 < Bluestreak> for back up
21:47 < Bluestreak> I will email you a photo.
21:47 < jokeefe> ok
21:48 < jokeefe> Food? Breakfast and leave lunch to people to get
        themselves?  map of restaurants, pizza sign up?
21:48 < srevilak> jokeefe: I think that's reasonable.  There are no
        shortage of places to eat in the area
21:49 < Bluestreak> I would be happy to provide some chips and hummus
        and tabouli for the pechish
21:49 < jokeefe> Thank you
21:50 < jokeefe> Merch - We will have buttons
21:50 < jokeefe> Order Shirts / Books?
21:51 < Bluestreak> no more than 4 shirts would be needed
21:51 < srevilak> Perhaps books moreso that shirts.  (One can order
        shirts from masspirates.org, but not books)
21:51 < Bluestreak> 2 l 2 xl
21:52 < jokeefe> BTW: Lauren P needs to leave by 3pm, so I think we
        are good
21:52 < jokeefe> 2 1 2 xl ?
21:52 < srevilak> (two large, two extra large)
21:54 < Bluestreak> Good! Glad we settled on a schedule that can
        include her.
21:54 < jokeefe> 2 med 2 large 2 xl?
21:54 < Bluestreak> AHOY!
21:54 < noe> ahoy!
21:54 < noe> Noe Kamelamela, Somervile
21:55 < Bluestreak> M’s are really tiny when dried.
21:55 < noe> (in another online meeting . . . LOL)
21:55 < Bluestreak> lol
21:55 < jokeefe> ahoy noe
21:55 < jokeefe> we went with schedule C at
        https://calc.mayfirst.org/mi62xx5j80
21:56 < jokeefe> ok, Bluestreak, half Large, half xl
21:56 < jokeefe> Child care?
21:57 < Bluestreak> Well…
21:57  * srevilak looks to see how many requests for child care we've
        received
21:57 < Bluestreak> If you really want it, and Laura is available,
        she still owes us a few quid
21:58 < Bluestreak> Just state a request deadline
21:58 < srevilak> so far, 10 of 10 registrations not interested in
        childcare
21:58 < Bluestreak> “If you want childcare, we must know by x date"
21:59 < jokeefe> how much time do you need to notify Laura, Bluestreak?
21:59 < Bluestreak> I will send her a feeler right now.
22:00 < jokeefe> We left it open ended, so I would hate to have someone
        show up there expecting child care
22:01 < Bluestreak> Laura may already have plans…
22:01 < Bluestreak> If not, she owes us, so hopefully she will come
        though.
22:01 < srevilak> We can set a deadline for requesting child care,
        or provide it anyway (even if no one brings a kid)
22:01 < Kendra> Nite all
22:01 < jokeefe> ok, please get back to me with when I should set the
        final date
22:02 < noe> Nite Kendra!
22:02 < srevilak> jokeefe: what time tomorrow night for parade prep?
22:02 < jokeefe> I believe I said 6-8pm
22:02 < srevilak> ok - will probably arrive ~ 6:30
22:03 < srevilak> with that, I believe we're at time
22:03 < jokeefe> yes, 6-8pm is what I emailed out
22:03 < jokeefe> we are
22:03 < jokeefe> shall we adjourn?
22:04 < Bluestreak> 2nd
22:04 < srevilak> motion to adjourn
22:04 < jokeefe> all in favor
22:04 < jokeefe> srevilak, would you be kind enough to get the notes?
22:04 < srevilak> will do