November 10th, 2022 IRC Meeting
Meeting to be held via video conference: https://ca.meet.coop/mas-ub4-8ox-vtj.
Nominations due election day (11/8/2022) Email candidates and update and ask for additional bios
- Review voting process
- Ballots out 11/15/2022
- Ballots in by 11/22/2022.
Planning for 2023 Local Elections
- Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Boston Anarchist Bookfair, November 12-13. Apply to Present by Sept. 22
- Party Conference, noon, January 21st, 2023.
- Elections are on Nov 15th. Steve will set up voting tokens this weekend.
- Jamie emailed candidates, asking for bios and asking them to appear on the next pirate news.
Internet Archive hosting a celebration in SFO to honor Aaron Schwartz.
Anarchist bookfair is this weekend.
Fostering locals. Jamie has been focusing on Somerville. Post election, will try to get a local started.
Etherpad up for run local stuff. Hopefully new officers will be able to help of this.
We'll have a video meeting next week, rather than via discord, so we can tend to election matters.
Joe reports there's another surge in Covid. Wonders about the feasibility of doing an in-person conference. May be better to commit to a virtual meeting, and just go with that. Hopefully, we can do an in-person meeting later in the year.
Agree to go with a virtual meeting in January.
Joe suggests https://skinashoba.com/tubing-park-info/ for a potential future outing.