November 23rd, 2015 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review & Decisions

Boston Anarchist Bookfair - Planning Pad

Upcoming Events

Campaigns Status

2016 Campaigns & Policies Update

  • Poll for 12/19 location (srevilak)
  • Working on CiviCRM changes (jokeefe)
  • Need mapping of regions to zipcodes
  • Regional contacts

MAAPL form update (srevilak)

Remove from our task list since MAAPL is tracking?

okay by me --srevilak

H.2487 & H.2606 Video Game Production Subsidy

Draft petition up. Feedback welcome. Need way to shorten the link or remove parameters. (jokeefe)

Newsletter (Kendra)

Kendra uploaded copy to File:MPP Fall Winter 2015 Newsletter 2.sla

PirateCon 2015 Videos (jokeefe)

Tech

see for priorities

  • Bitcoin + Credit card gateway in CiviCRM (srevilak, js0000, Kendra)
  • Improve UI navigation of wiki & expose more wiki bits on blog (Noe, jokeefe)
  • Allow distributed organizing on CiviCRM (and pointers to get started) (Kendra, srevilak, Chris, jokeefe)
  • js0000 and jokeefe will work on building a tool to manage twitter:
  • Forum (or needed now that lists are publicized?)

Administrative

  • Media
    • Updated media list (noe)
    • Nov. - 2016 Elections
  • Blog posts
    • Local/regional contacts (jokeefe) - Regional page up. Working on local pages.
  • Materials

Tasks: Wiki list, PiratePad version.

Helping with BINJ CCTV camera mapping project

Looking for someone to work on this.

Upcoming Events

  1. 11/25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, Somerville
  2. 12/6, 3-5pm, 2016 Campaign Planning Meeting, Pizzeria Regina, 353 Cambridge St, Allston
  3. 12/19, ?pm, 2016 Campaign Planning Meeting, ?
  4. 12/30, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts, 577 Somerville Ave, Somerville

Every Wed., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • Glen (Glen, Lowell)
  • igel
  • Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
  • dcoop
  • Kendra (Kendra in Highland Park, MI)

Observers

  • davidd
  • Pharyngeal

Summary

Anarchist Bookfair. Was a nice event.

2016 Campaigns & Policies Update. Steve will get 12/19 location poll done tomorrow night.

Contressional Districts. Drupal/Civi facilities for associating addresses to congressional districts would be useful. https://civicrm.org/blogs/dalin/quick-and-easy-congressional-district-lookups-your-civicrm-contacts might be an option. See also: https://civicrm.org/extensions/sunlight-congressional-districts-optional-civicrm-integration

Campaign meeting on Dec 6th. Pizzaria regina in Allston. Would like to make some headway on regional contact list. See https://masspirates.org/blog/join-us/regional-contacts/

RSVP for Dec 6th meeting: https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/register?id=14&reset=1

MAAPL Form. No longer necessary to keep this as a standing item. srevilak is doing civi hacking.

H.2487 & H.2606 Video Game Production Subsidy. Jokeefe has draft petition up at https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/petition/sign?sid=3&reset=1. Plans to work on URL-shortening.

Newsletter. Current version uploaded to File:MPP Fall Winter 2015 Newsletter 2.sla

Minutes

 
21:00 < jokeefe> ahoy
21:00 < jokeefe> agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_23rd,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:00 < jokeefe> ids - James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:00 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:02 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:03 < Glen> Glen, Lowell
21:04 < jokeefe> Review & Decisions - Anarchist Bookfair
21:04 < jokeefe> ahoy dcoop
21:04 < dcoop> ahoy, hows it goin
21:05 < srevilak> re: anarchist bookfair, workshop went well
21:05 < srevilak> Made some notes at
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/2015_Event_Notes
21:05 < jokeefe> thanks.  I will add to it.
21:05 < srevilak> How'd things go on Sunday?
21:06 < jokeefe> well. met a bunch of people who were interested in
        cryptoparties or even hosting
21:06 < Bluestreak> Jason and I never made it
21:07 < jokeefe> I will follow up with the few people I have contacts
        with and will add them to civi
21:07 < jokeefe> Are there any Upcoming Events?
21:08 < srevilak> likewise - I'll add contacts from Saturday
21:08 < srevilak> get any good books? :)
21:08 < jokeefe> mostly buttons
21:08 < jokeefe> besides the Somerville cryptoparty on Wed. and our
        campaign planning events
21:09 < jokeefe> BTW: 12/17 is Chelsea Manning's Birthday
21:09 < dcoop> ah, remember seeing something massP was doing for that-
        event, or just recognition? (too lazy to google)
21:10  * dcoop googles
21:10 < dcoop> (sorry)
21:11 < jokeefe> Veterans for peace might be.  Would anyone be able to
        email them and ask?
21:11 < srevilak> I can ask
21:12 < Glen> I saw Lawrence Lessig speak at Harvard today about his
        presidential run - a lot of really smart people there. Do you guys have
        any affiliation with Wolf-pac or any other organizations interested in
        getting big money out of politics?
21:12 < Bluestreak> No and yes.
21:12 < srevilak> Glen: we've done a bit of work with pass mass amendment
21:12 < Bluestreak> I wanted to invite him to run as a Pirate.
21:12 < jokeefe> thanks, srevilak
21:13 < Bluestreak> I slept all day so needless to say I couldn’t make
        it … glad you did
21:13 < Glen> Pass Mass amendment?
21:13 < Glen> I'm new to this whole thing and hearing him speak was sort
        of my introduction to this whole process
21:13 < srevilak> Glen: http://passmassamendment.org/
21:14 < srevilak> Initiative to amend MA state constitution (aka,
        corporations are not people, money is not speech)
21:14 < jokeefe> BAB was fun.  I liked their program.  Gave me some
        ideas for PirateCon2016
21:14 < Glen> very cool, I'll take a look at this
21:15 < jokeefe> Campaigns Status
21:15 < jokeefe> 2016 Campaigns & Policies Update
21:15  * srevilak will get poll done tomorrow night
21:15 < jokeefe> thanks
21:16 < jokeefe> working on CiviCRM changes
21:16 < jokeefe> Need mapping of regions to zipcodes
21:16 < jokeefe> perhaps igel could help?
21:18 < jokeefe> though I believe that the OCPF’s depository reporter
        software has such a mapping in its database
21:19 < jokeefe> not seeing a download link, though
21:19 < srevilak> jokeefe: I've never seen such a mapping exposed via
        OCPF reporter
21:19 < srevilak> However, we might want to look at
        https://civicrm.org/blogs/dalin/quick-and-easy-congressional-district-lookups-your-civicrm-contacts
21:21 < jokeefe> ooo, that would be great
21:22 < jokeefe> wanted to divide contacts into regions, and sort by
        zipcode is an easy way to do that where we don’t have cities
21:22 < jokeefe> ahoy, Kendra
21:22 < Kendra> Hi All
21:23 < Kendra> Kendra in Highland Park, MI
21:23 < jokeefe> We have a campaign meeting on the 6th
21:23 < Glen> what would that entail?
21:23 < jokeefe> which, Glen?
21:24 < Glen> the campaign meeting
21:24 < jokeefe> we plan out tasks for our candidate recruitment effort
21:25 < jokeefe> minutes of the last two meetings are:
21:25 < jokeefe>
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_15th,_2015_Campaign_Planning_Meeting
21:25 < jokeefe>
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_1st,_2015_Campaign_Planning_Meeting
21:26 < Glen> awesome. I'd love to get involved
21:27 < srevilak> Glen: we welcome your participation!
21:27 < jokeefe> great! next meeting is 12/6, 3-5pm, Pizzeria Regina,
        Allston
21:28 < jokeefe> you can tell us you are coming at
        https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/register?id=14&reset=1
21:28 < jokeefe> Pizzeria Regina, 353 Cambridge St, Allston
21:28 < Glen> free parking?
21:28 < igel> ahoy
21:28 < srevilak> Glen: yes, free parking
21:28 < Glen> I'll rsvp right now
21:29 < jokeefe> great!
21:29 < jokeefe> we need regional contacts to organize their areas and
        contact people in their region
21:30 < jokeefe> https://masspirates.org/blog/join-us/regional-contacts/
21:32 < jokeefe> MAAPL form update (srevilak)
21:32 < jokeefe> srevilak, should we have this on the agenda or just
        have you bring it up when you need something?
21:33 < srevilak> jokeefe: I don't think we need a regular agenda item.
21:33 < jokeefe> ok
21:33 < srevilak> I spent a couple hours diagnosting a performance
        bottleneck, and developing a workaround
21:33 < jokeefe> great
21:33 < srevilak> And I have to do more work on narratives.  Little bit
        of CiviCRM extension writing
21:34 < jokeefe> H.2487 & H.2606 Video Game
        Production Subsidy  - draft petition is up at
        https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/petition/sign?sid=3&reset=1
21:34 < jokeefe> will work on shortening the link
21:34 < jokeefe> aiming to have it done by this weekend if not earlier
21:36 < jokeefe> Newsletter (Kendra)
21:37 < jokeefe> update Kendra?
21:37 < srevilak> Kendra uploaded a copy to
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/File:MPP_Fall_Winter_2015_Newsletter_2.sla
21:41 < jokeefe> Kendra, would you output it to pdf?
21:43 < Kendra> sure
21:43 < jokeefe> thank you!
21:43 < Bluestreak> Yay
21:43 < Kendra> Did you guys print it for the book fair?
21:43 < jokeefe> I wasn’t able to, sorry.
21:44 < Kendra> We have enough events down the road
21:44 < Kendra> I can do the PDF
21:44 < jokeefe> Once we have that, we can put it up and see about
        getting more people to work on the next one
21:45 < Kendra> If people have suggestions for adding to let me know what,
        we can take out the articles that are dated
21:45 < Bluestreak> Once it’s in PDF I will read it.
21:46 < jokeefe> I suggest just getting it out there for now and start
        work on the next one
21:46 < Bluestreak> Literally too tired to figure out how to read it now
21:46 < Bluestreak> 2nd that.
21:46 < Kendra> sounds good
21:46 < jokeefe> Though I would keep it to four pages and do a two
        column/page layout
21:47 < jokeefe> Will put a post up about the raw PirateCon 2015 Videos
        and revisit it in December
21:48 < jokeefe> Tech - srevilak/Kendra - have you had a chance to deal
        with the Bitcoin + Credit card gateway in CiviCRM?
21:48 < srevilak> jokeefe: nope
21:49 < jokeefe> by EOY?
21:49 < srevilak> perhaps Q1 of 2016.  Once most of MAAPl work is done
21:49 < jokeefe> ok, thanks
21:50 < jokeefe> oh joy -
        http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/citing-terror-threats-state-dept-issues-worldwide-travel-alert-n468581
21:50 < igel> hehe
21:50 < Bluestreak> I’m happy in a way.
21:51 < Bluestreak> Jason’s mom was going to have him travellling at
21:51 < Bluestreak> xmas now he will be home with us
21:51 < Bluestreak> What ever works
21:51 < igel> ah ic
21:51 < jokeefe> Still working on the wiki update
21:51 < jokeefe> will talk with js0000 about the twitter app.
21:52 < srevilak> jokeefe: funny how that happens right around
        thanksgiving
21:52 < jokeefe> yes
21:52 < jokeefe> hopefully will be done by EOY
21:53 < Kendra> amtrak is laid back as far as travel goes
21:54 < jokeefe> that is all I have.  other things people want to
        bring up?
21:55 < Glen> cryptoparty this wednesday?
21:55 < jokeefe> yes!
21:55 < igel> i was away for a bit of the meeting tonight, we cover..
21:55 < igel> ^---
21:55 < Bluestreak> What the theme?
21:55 < jokeefe> good if you can contact Gov. Baker on
        https://masspirates.org/blog/2015/11/23/urgent-stop-banksters-from-stealing-peoples-houses/
21:55 < Bluestreak> for Wed?
21:55 < srevilak> I'll be able to attend on Wed (probably arrive ~ 18:30)
21:55 < jokeefe> great
21:56 < Bluestreak> Turnout may be light because of holiday
21:56 < igel> aah do'h
21:56 < Kendra> move to adjourn
21:56 < jokeefe> we are keeping it low key, but will discuss what we
        want for future ones and when
21:56 < igel> cheers then
21:56 < dcoop> can't make it :(
21:56 < jokeefe> 2nd
21:56 < igel> k
21:56 < jokeefe> all in favor?
21:56 < Glen> good to meet you all - good night
21:56 < Kendra> aye
21:56 < jokeefe> good to meet you too
21:56 < srevilak> aye to adjourn
21:56 < igel> cheers glen,
21:56 < Bluestreak> You too hope to meet you soon
21:56 < jokeefe> aye
21:56 < Kendra> nite all
21:56 < srevilak> Glen: nice to meet you too
21:56 < igel> later all
21:56 < jokeefe> good night
21:57  * srevilak will post minutes
21:57 < jokeefe> thanks