November 2nd, 2015 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Reviews

Decisions

Upcoming Events

  1. 11/15, 3-5pm, 2016 Campaign Planning Meeting,
  2. 11/21, 9am-5:30pm, Building Sustainable Security, Harvard Law School, Wasserstein Hall
  3. 11/21-22, 10am-6pm, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, George Sherman Student Center, Boston University
  4. 11/25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Somerville
  5. 12/6, 3-5pm, 2016 Campaign Planning Meeting
  6. Dec. IT Meeting?
  7. 12/30, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Somerville ?

Campaigns Status

Signature Gathering for PassMass Amendment

Last day is 11/18, but they want them in hand earlier than that. Some of us will be out on election day.

2016 Campaigns & Policies Update

  • Write up doc on using git & commenting on & voting on changes (jokeefe)

MAAPL form (srevilak)

CISA

  • Blog Update (Kendra) - Multiple posted along with email. Warren and Markey both came out against it, but cloture vote was 83-14. Bill will need to be reconciled. Multiple MA house members voted for it, so we can urge people to contact those Reps.

TPP

Entire Mass. delegation is against it. Still need a post asking people to contact the others in New England who voted for it.

H.2487 & H.2606 Video Game Production Subsidy

Election Bills

Will update the statement we did last time and post/email it (jokeefe)

Other Bills for consideration

Haven't received feedback. Will do a poll (jokeefe)

PirateCon 2015 Videos (jokeefe)

Ordered them in ease of processing / priority:

  1. Building 3rd party coalitions
  2. Lightning talks
  3. Keynote: How we won Net Neutrality
  4. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and you
  5. Rethinking the City
  6. Income Inequality

Newsletter (Kendra)

  • Design & Feedback
  • Distribution Planning (besides emailing a pdf)
    • Gather list of people to mail it to (?)
    • Gather a list of places to distribute it (?)
    • Decide on the print run (?)
  • Distribute

Tech

see for priorities

  • Bitcoin + Credit card gateway in CiviCRM (srevilak, js0000, Kendra)
  • Improve UI navigation of wiki & expose more wiki bits on blog (Noe, jokeefe)
  • Allow distributed organizing on CiviCRM (and pointers to get started) (Kendra, srevilak, Chris, jokeefe)
  • js0000 and jokeefe will work on building a tool to manage twitter:
  • Forum (or needed now that lists are publicized?)

Administrative

  • Media
    • Updated media list (noe)
    • Nov. - 2016 Elections
  • Blog posts
    • Local/regional contacts (jokeefe) - Regional page up. Working on local pages.
  • Materials

Tasks: Wiki list, PiratePad version.

Helping with BINJ CCTV camera mapping project

Looking for someone to work on this.

Upcoming Events

  1. 11/15, 3-5pm, 2016 Campaign Planning Meeting,
  2. 11/21, 9am-5:30pm, Building Sustainable Security, Harvard Law School, Wasserstein Hall
  3. 11/21-22, 10am-6pm, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, George Sherman Student Center, Boston University
  4. 11/25, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Somerville
  5. 12/6, 3-5pm, 2016 Campaign Planning Meeting
  6. Dec. IT Meeting?
  7. 12/30, 6-9pm, Cryptoparty, Somerville ?

Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • igel
  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero)
  • bestpiggy (olivia Píñeyro, Boston)
  • kendra (Kendra Moyer in Michigan)
  • r0b

Observers

  • davidd
  • Pharyngeal

Summary

Had candidates meeting on Sunday. 7 attending. Went well.

MAAPL form. Few hours of work done; more to do.

Kendra has newsletter almost ready to publish. Approximately 16 pages.

Minutes

 
20:59 < jokeefe> hi srevilak
20:59 < igel> ahoy
20:59 < srevilak> hi all
21:01 < igel> evidently this is the 'ish
        https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms&hl=en
21:01 < igel> hi Bluestreak
21:01 < Bluestreak> Hi igel!
21:02 < igel> its been 7 days since you mailed me
21:02 < igel> ...great scott
21:02 < Bluestreak> I haven’t been well
21:02 < Bluestreak> This weekend was a total bust
21:02 < igel> just keep on keepin on, i'm
21:02 < igel> yah, same.
21:03 < igel> keep on keepin on..
21:04 < Bluestreak> Apparently I have Signal Private Messenger
        installed....
21:04 < igel> hi bestpiggy
21:04 < Bluestreak> Don’t remember doing that and I don’t use it.
21:04 < bestpiggy> hey there
21:04 < Bluestreak> ahoy
21:05 < jokeefe> hi Bluestreak
21:05 < Bluestreak> Howdy capn
21:05 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_2nd,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:05 < jokeefe> The campaign planning meeting went well
21:06 < jokeefe> put up two events for the next two meetings
21:10 < srevilak>
        https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=14
21:10 < srevilak>
        https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=13
21:10 < srevilak> (thx jokeefe)
21:11 < jokeefe> Took far too long to set them up, even starting from
        an existing one
21:11 < jokeefe> Anyway to make the I’ll help out buttons more visible?
21:11 < Bluestreak> https://www.facebook.com/events/1710618985828162/
21:11 < Bluestreak> If you like FB
21:11 < jokeefe> thanks!
21:12 < jokeefe> hi bestpiggy & Kendra
21:13 < jokeefe> forgot ids - James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:13 < Kendra> Hi, Kendra Moyer in Michigan
21:13 < srevilak> jokeefe: re: civi, we can discuss offline
21:13 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:14 < jokeefe> thanks, srevilak
21:14 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:14 < bestpiggy> olivia Píñeyro, Boston
21:16 < jokeefe> so if you can attend either event, please sign up
21:16 < jokeefe> thanks
21:16 < jokeefe> Signature Gathering for PassMass Amendment - srevilak
        and I will be gathering signatures tomorrow
21:17 < jokeefe> How goes the MAAPL form, srevilak?
21:18 < srevilak> Spent a few hours working on it over the weekend
21:18 < srevilak> (Grace had a set of revision)
21:18 < srevilak> Next steps are doing some performance diagnostics,
        and working on narrative generation
21:19 < srevilak> that's basically it
21:19 < jokeefe> Thanks.  Can we find more people to help you or is the
        learning curve too steep
21:19 < igel> cool steve
21:19 < jokeefe> ahoy r0b
21:19 < r0b> Hello, sorry I'm late
21:19 < jokeefe> no worries
21:19 < jokeefe> agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_2nd,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:19 < Kendra> I am going to do a write up on CISA tomorrow for the blog.
        If anyone has anything else article or event wise for the newsletter
        let me know.  maybe we can set another deadline and date to send it out.
21:19 < jokeefe> we have already gone over ids
21:20 < Kendra> sorry that was an early update
21:20 < srevilak> agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_2nd,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:20 < jokeefe> thanks, Kendra, I started a blog post on it from some
        of the text I put in the last group email.  Feel free to use it.
21:21 < r0b> Cool, ok
21:22 < Bluestreak> The 21st would be a good date to have the newsletter
21:22 < r0b> Is IDs on the agenda?
21:22 < Bluestreak> and the 22
21:22 < Bluestreak> yes, pls id
21:22 < jokeefe> no we just start it that way as a convention, r0b
21:22 < Bluestreak> Anarchist book fair would be a good place to
        distrubute news letter
21:22 < Bluestreak> my bad
21:22 < Bluestreak> id if you like
21:23 < Kendra> Yeah it is almost done, so that is a good idea
21:23 < Bluestreak> Awesome.
21:23 < Bluestreak> Can’t wait to read it.
21:23 < r0b> Oh, like non-username names?
21:23 < r0b> My real name is Rob
21:23 < jokeefe> How many pages is it, Kendra?
21:24 < jokeefe> Also, do we have pdfs/images of the zine Halley put
        together?
21:24 < Kendra> It was about 16, but a lot of stuff can be edited down
        or removed if it is dated
21:24 < Kendra> So four page stapled maybe
21:24 < jokeefe> That would be good, thanks
21:25 < Kendra> We could use more pictures if people want to send me any
21:26 < Bluestreak> Like of pirates n stuff?
21:26 < jokeefe> Bunch at https://twitter.com/masspirates/media
21:26 < jokeefe> on blog
21:26 < Kendra> Event pics, like the Doctorow, but other clip art is
        good if relevant
21:27 < Kendra> Thanks jamie, I;ll look there
21:27 < jokeefe> Might be easier if you emailed out what you would like
        to include
21:28 < Kendra> If the file size is an issue again, i can do google docs
        or up load it to the wiki
21:29 < Kendra> Before this weekend i can get another final draft
21:29 < Bluestreak> What Jamie said.
21:29 < Kendra> Then we can look at that and offer edit suggestions
21:29 < Bluestreak> Set up “MeetUp”s for the next two IPMs
21:29 < jokeefe> We need people who are good with video editing, graphic
        design, writing, etc. if you have any recommendations
21:30 < jokeefe> thanks, Bluestreak
21:30 < Bluestreak> Email me all the titles of the articles and I will
        email you pics
21:31 < Bluestreak> I am big on picd
21:31 < Bluestreak> s
21:31 < jokeefe> What are people’s thoughts about how much time to put
        into TPP/TiSA/etc?  Looks like the Mass. delegation is against them,
        and while getting the rest of New England against it is good, we have
        more things we need to do close to home
21:33 < srevilak> If the bulk of MA delegation opposses TPP, et al,
        then perhaps good to focus on other priorities
21:33 < Kendra> Probably should generate a statement about our stance
        and maybe put on the blog, but leave  it at that
21:33 < Bluestreak> What can be done to oppose them locally?
21:34 < igel> mail reps
21:34 < igel> call reps
21:34 < igel> create a modem bank/pool.. hmm
21:35 < Kendra> being a more conscious consumer and not patronizing
        sponsors, if that is at all possible
21:35 < jokeefe> A last statement on the proposed treaties would be
        fine, Kendra
21:39 < jokeefe> I don’t have any further updates.  Does anyone else?
21:40 < Bluestreak> I have pie
21:41 < Bluestreak> :-)
21:41 < r0b> Is it one of those infinite non-repeating pies, or the
        finite kind?
21:41 < Kendra> what flavor?
21:43 < Bluestreak> apple
21:44 < jokeefe> well if there is nothing else …
21:46 < Bluestreak> How
21:46 < Bluestreak> is the
21:46 < Bluestreak> CCTV thing going?
21:47 < jokeefe> haven’t made any progress
21:49 < jokeefe> well if there isn’t anything else then suggest
        we adjourn.  2nd?
21:49 < srevilak> second
21:50 < jokeefe> all in favor?
21:50 < srevilak> aye
21:50 < igel> aye
21:50 < jokeefe> aye
21:51 < jokeefe> srevilak, you have the transcript?
21:51 < srevilak> jokeefe: got it
21:51 < jokeefe> thank you