September 22nd, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search





Party Conference & Elections

Fostering Locals

Planning for 2023 Local Elections

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events


  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)


  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman


Party Conference & Elections

  • jokeefe reached out to XR Boston and Voter Choice Mass. Waiting to hear back. Will also reach out on right to repair.
  • Joe interested in doing a piece on surviving a nuclear attack

XR Boston

  • jokeefe and srevilak will be able to attend
  • joe suggests brining a camcorder and doing interviews.

Pirate News

  • Usual time on Sunday.

Red Umbrella

  • Maybe do something in the warmer months.


21:08 <~jokeefe> Agenda:,_2022_IRC_Meeting
21:09 <~jokeefe> ids
21:09 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:09 <~jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:09 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:09 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:11 < Joe> Red Umbrellas, other to-dos
21:12 < Joe> Also, slightly fantastic news.
21:12 < Joe> It is with great pleasure that I announce that my main is
        up and running.
21:12 <~jokeefe> cool!
21:13 < Joe> The only problem is that it is in my son's room.
21:13 < Joe> As my office area is still not gotten the ok from the city
        yet to occupy.
21:14 <~jokeefe> Progress
21:14 <~jokeefe> Party Conference & Elections
21:14 < Joe> Well, it works. So after a lot of updates I should be back
        to recording and editing.
21:15 < Joe> Sry, that is all.
21:15 <~jokeefe> I reached out to XRBoston and Voter Choice Mass, but
        haven’t heard back yet.
21:16 < Joe> Xrboston made the news today.
21:16 <~jokeefe> they certainly did
21:17 <~jokeefe> I will email someone about right to repair
21:18 <~jokeefe> What discussion or training sessions should we have?
21:19 < Joe> I always prefer a pulse check. I would also like to include
        a bit on cyber security as well.
21:21 < Joe> Modern updates perhaps?
21:22 <~jokeefe> Sounds good
21:23 < Joe> There is a lot going on in international news with Russia
        declaring mobilization and China publicly stating to put it's army on
        high alert.
21:24 < Joe> I would like to do a piece on what to do in case of a nuclear
        attack. How to locate fallout shelters or prepare your place just incase.
21:24 < Joe> This is not something America has had to think about since
        the 70's
21:25 < srevilak> Are fallout shelters practical?  Uranium has a pretty
        long half-life
21:25 < Joe> Shouldn't be more than 5-10 minutes
21:26 < Joe> Actually,  you're probably not going to get to one.
21:26 < Joe> And most of them have not been maintained.
21:26 < Joe> Your best bet is to shelter in place.
21:26 < Joe> I have looked into this the last few days and what I have
        found is actually pretty frightening.
21:27 <~jokeefe> Who thought we would have to worry about nuclear war
        after the cold war ended
21:28 < Joe> If I have permission, I will do a quick piece on it. It's
        not a prepper type talk but there are a few things people should know
        to better understand to increase the chances of survival.
21:29 < Joe> Unless you are in the main blast radius, you only need to
        stay put for about 2 weeks.
21:30 <~jokeefe> Sounds good. Could generalize it to cover other disasters
        since staying in place is generally a good idea unless it is flooding
21:30 < Joe> Well, if not for the conference then I can do a solo cannon
        blast on it.
21:31 < Joe> I can. I plan to also include links to fema and the like.
21:31 < srevilak> Sounds like an interesting talk
21:32 <~jokeefe> got a title?
21:32 < Joe> Old emergency Manuals turned out to be a good read.
21:33 < Joe> A blast from the past: how to survive an unsure future.
21:34 < srevilak> Nice!
21:34 < Joe> I will still need to put together my sources though. 🤔
21:35 <~jokeefe> Suggestion. Take it or leave it. add some topics about
        helping your community deal with the crisis?
21:35 < Joe> Helping others is a must for any pirate. Good idea.
21:36 <~jokeefe> ++excellent
21:36 < Joe> Or just having enough so that others can shelter with you.
21:36 < Joe> But the point is being able to do this on a budget too.
21:37 <~jokeefe> I am setting up a computer to run the live stream
        separate from my laptop. would you be able to use your main to handle
        the livestream as well, Joe?
21:38 < Joe> My main was build for livestreaming. I still need to get a
        few more parts such as a second monitor and a new cpu aux fan but should
        not be an issue.
21:39 < Joe> That's short money.
21:39 <~jokeefe> I will check the monitors I picked up off the street
        and verify they work. You can have one of the working ones.
21:40 <~jokeefe> should be able to do it this weekend
21:40 < Joe> I also have a second pc almost built as well if you want
        to borrow it. It has a out 32g of ram.
21:40 < Joe> *about
21:40 <~jokeefe> Thanks. I have no where to put it unfortunately
21:42 <~jokeefe> We have the XR Boston protest on Saturday. I plan to
        be at it. Will check the sign up page.
21:43 < Joe> Can you bring a camcorder?
21:43 < srevilak> I'll be there as well
21:43 < srevilak> I can camcord
21:43 < Joe> Do interviews for our site?!?!?!
21:44 < srevilak> Hmm, I've never done interview before, but I could try
21:44 < srevilak> jokeefe: wdyt?
21:44 < srevilak> I have no video editing chops, though
21:45 <~jokeefe> sounds good. I will bring my camera/microphone as well
21:45 < Joe> Really easy opening. Do you like our current political
        parties? Wouldn't you like to have a pirate give them the headaches
        they deserve?
21:46 < Joe> Hate the two party system? Send a pirate to raid the
21:46 <~jokeefe> See you there srevilak
21:47 < Joe> Sry I cannot join you.
21:47 < srevilak> I was actually thinking of asking people what policies
        they'd want to see
21:47 <~jokeefe> good question
21:47 < srevilak> And maybe focus on local government initiatives
21:47 <~jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - regular time fine?
21:48 < Joe> Well, at this particular protest I think our environmental
        policies will be on display.
21:48 < srevilak> Or state.  One MA agency was hoping to see 100k heat
        pumps installed last year.  There were less than 500
21:48 < Joe> Yes, I will be available for it.
21:48 < srevilak> Usual time on Sunday works for me
21:49 < Joe> It will be at my other home  so would you be able to do
        this recording?
21:50 <~jokeefe> I can record
21:50 <~jokeefe> hopefully will have the other computer setup
21:52 <~jokeefe> shall we adjourn?
21:52 < Joe> Thank you both for all of your patience with me.
21:52 < Joe> 2nd
21:52 < Joe> Wait
21:52 < Joe> Red umbrella movement
21:52 <~jokeefe> ok
21:53 <~jokeefe> Is there a protest scheduled?
21:53 < Joe> It was listed on the national level as one of our key
        points. Do we want to do something to get it going or table it for now?
21:54 < Joe> I would prefer to do something with it during the warmer
        months than the colder ones.
21:54 <~jokeefe> I am fine with that
21:55 < srevilak> ditto
21:56 <~jokeefe> anything else?
21:56 < Joe> I was thinking we could do something very simple. Hand out
        the George Carlin quote while walking around with a red umbrella.
21:56 < Joe> That's all I had in mind.
21:57 <~jokeefe> that could work
21:57 < Joe> May be put it under new business for next week?
21:57 <~jokeefe> discuss in the conference?
21:58 < Joe> If we have enough time for it.
21:58 < srevilak> will post transcript