September 21st, 2015 IRC Meeting
- Decide position on Video Gaming Tax Break
- Bill Hearings 9/22
- Video Gaming Tax Break
- Freedom Rally Planning
- PirateCon 2015 Videos
- Evan Greer talk (Bluestreak)
- MAAPL form (srevilak, jokeefe, noe, ...)
- Newsletter (Kendra, paper_waves, ?)
- Design & Feedback
- Distribution Planning (besides emailing a pdf)
- Gather list of people to mail it to (?)
- Gather a list of places to distribute it (?)
- Decide on the print run (?)
- Updated media list (noe)
- Oct. - Free Software & Innovation
- Nov. - 2016 Elections
- Dec. - ?
- Blog posts
- Local/regional contacts (jokeefe) - Regional page up. Working on local pages.
- TPP update (jokeefe)
- CISA update (jokeefe)
- Tech - see for priorities
- Bitcoin + Credit card gateway in CiviCRM (srevilak, js0000, Kendra)
- Improve UI navigation of wiki & expose more wiki bits on blog (Noe, jokeefe)
- Allow distributed organizing on CiviCRM (and pointers to get started) (Kendra, srevilak, Chris, jokeefe)
- js0000 and jokeefe will work on building a tool to manage twitter:
design(jokeefe) - posted at Twitter API design
- coding (js0000 & jokeefe)
- Forum (or needed now that lists are publicized?)
- Policies update (jokeefe)
- Check on the state of them
- Write up doc on using git & commenting on & voting on changes.
- Sep. 22, 1pm, Public Hearing on Massachusetts GMO labeling bill (H.3242), Gardner Auditorium at the Massachusetts State House
- Sep. 26th & 27th, Freedom Rally - Sign up form - Planning - have asked for volunteers in email as well
- Sep. 30, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
- Oct. 3, 7-11pm, FSF 30th Anniversary Celebration, CIC Boston, 50 Milk St, Boston
- Oct. 13 (probably), Cory Doctorow Event - Working with other groups
- Oct. 28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
- Nov. event?
- Nov. 25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
- Dec. event?
- Dec. 30, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge
- jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
- Bluestreak (Lucia Fiero, Medway)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
- Bestpiggy (olivia píñeyro, Boston)
- noe (Noelani Kamelamela, Somerville)
- aquaticonions (Eli Haber, Lexington)
Video gaming tax break. Essentially like hollywood tax credit, but for corporations that develop video games. It piggy-backs on MA's film industry tax credit. The way law is written is "add video game" where the text "movie" appears. MA's film industry credit cost the state ~ $108k per job. About 1/3 of the money spent on video production in MA goes to recipients in the state; the rest goes to out-of-state recipients.
Vote to oppose bill: 5 votes to oppose tax break, no votes against, 1 abstention. Motion to oppose passes.
Freedom Rally. Discussed goals. Recruiting is a main goal. Lucia and Jason will do setup on Friday night. Jamie, Noe, Steve will coordinate bringing flyers, signature forms, flags.