Yesterday, Wikileaks released the entire text of the secret Trans-Pacific Partnership Intellectual Property Rights Chapter. It has everything we feared:
- Criminalization of copyright infringement;
- Stronger DRM and “technological protection measure” regimes;
- ISPs to be made liable for copyright infringement on their networks;
- A “take it down first, argue later” DMCA-like process for notifying copyright infringements;
- Patentable plants and animals.
- Banning you from selling a product you bought abroad if the copyright holder objects.
Combined with granting rights to corporations to challenge our laws if they at all hinder their profits, it is a dream for corporations and our worst nightmare.
Of course it is being negotiated in secret with input from governments and mega corporations.
Help stop the TPP by:
- signing this petition to oppose the TPP;
- spread the word about the TPP by sharing this page or the video below;
- signing up to be a Pirate volunteer;
- donating to us on-line or by mail.
Our future depends on your help!