We knew it was coming. Finally, the Senate is considering a Fast Track Trade bill that would make secret trade treaties such as the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) easier to get through Congress.
The TPP, along with its Atlantic counterpart, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) are scarcely about trade. Whether with copyright, patents, DRM or corporate rights, they are simply tools to increase the power and profits of corporations at our expense.
Now more than ever, we need to contact Congress and tell them no more trade deals that sacrifice our rights!
Help raise your voice in opposition to this bill by contacting your Senators and Representative. Fight for the Future has a site to look up your Representative, but if you know who your Rep. is, we have the contact info for your Rep. & Senators:
- Senator Elizabeth Warren – Facebook / @SenWarren / (202) 224-4543(617) 565-3170 / (413) 788-2690
- Senator Ed Markey – Facebook / @MarkeyMemo / (202) 224-2742 / (617) 565-8519
- 1st CD Representative Richard Neal – Facebook / @RepRichardNeal / (202) 225-5601 / (413) 785-0325
- 2nd CD Representative James McGovern – Facebook / @RepMcGovern / (202) 225-6101 / (508) 831-7356
- 3rd CD Representative Niki Tsongas – Facebook / @nikiinthehouse / (202) 225-3411 / (978) 459-0101
- 4th CD Representative Joseph P. Kennedy III – Facebook / @joekennedy / (202) 225-5931 / (617) 332-3333
- 5th CD Representative Katherine Clark – Facebook / @KClarkCongress / (202) 225-2836
- 6th CD Representative Jonathan Tierney – @RepTierney / (202) 225-8020 / (781) 595-7375
- 7th CD Representative Michael Capuano – Facebook / @mikecapuano / (202) 225-5111 / (617) 621-6208
- 8th CD Representative Stephen Lynch – Facebook / @RepStephenLynch / (202) 225-8273 / (617) 428-2000
- 9th CD Representative William Keating – Facebook / @WilliamKeating / (202) 225-3111 / (617) 770-3700
The struggle against this bill and treaties like the TPP and TTIP will be long, but we aren’t out by any means. We won against ACTA. We can win this time as well!