WHAT: Mass vigil at sunset against mass surveillance – happening in 50 cities across the U.S.
WHEN: Thursday, May 21st as the sun is setting (aka 7pm)
- Boston – Gather outside Senator Elizabeth Warren’s office at 2400 JFK Federal Building, 15 New Sudbury Street, Boston, MA 02203.
- Springfield – Gather outside Senator Ed Markey’s office at 1550 Main Street, 4th Floor Springfield, MA 01101.
BRING: A cell phone, laptop, tablet, and candles with the protestsign.org already pre-loaded. Make a big sunset sign and write “Sunset the Patriot Act”.
WHY WE NEED YOU:
This is the week when we have a chance to sunset the PATRIOT Act!
The PATRIOT Act could end this week if Congress fails to reauthorize it by this Friday ahead of its June 1st expiration. So, on Thursday May 21st, people are organizing a mass vigil in 50 cities across the U.S. to demand their Senators let the Patriot Act expire.
And we’ve set it up so its super easy to get involved:
- Gather as the sun is setting
- Load protestsign.org on your phone, tablet or laptop
- Take a picture of your group with signs outside of Senator Warren or Markey’s office.
- Call your senator to tell them you’re there to encourage them to sunset the Patriot Act, just dial: 1 (920) END-4-215
You can also sign the online letter at http://sunsetthepatriotact.com/.
This vigil is being organized by your friends at the Demand Progress, Restore the Fourth, CREDO, MoveOn.org, Free Press, Fight for the Future and the Massachusetts Pirate Party.