The Massachusetts legislature is considering H4647 to halt foreclosures and evictions during the COVID-19 Emergency. This bill would:
- Stops landlords from sending Notices To Quit
- Stops courts from hearing eviction cases or entering judgments
- Stops sheriffs from enforcing executions for possession
- Stops late fees + negative reporting for COVID-impacted tenants
It includes other protections such as:
- A moratorium on residential foreclosures
- Forbearance program for mortgagors impacted by COVID
- Gives landlords access to last month’s rent to cover expenses
- Moratorium on evictions of small businesses
At this time when we need to be home as much as possible to stop the spread of COVID-19, we shouldn’t put people on the street. Contact your State Senator and House Representative and tell them to support H4647 today.
Just go to WhereDoIVoteMA, enter your address and email or call your State Senator/House Representative and tell them they should halt foreclosures and evictions during the COVID-19 Emergency by voting for H4647.
Also, until H4647 passes here is Rent Strike‘s guide to rent striking: Can’t Pay, Won’t Pay: Rent Striking during the COVID-19 Crisis.