Steve, Joe and James discuss Italy’s attempt to lockdown all reproduction of public state cultural heritage with the signing of ministerial decree no. 161 of ’ 11 April 2023. Going forward, you will not only need to pay a fee to share your own photos of Italian art, but you will even need permission to do so. Sign the petition to oppose this action.
This Tuesday, May 23 at 12:30pm-2:30pm, the City of Cambridge’s Public Safety Committee will review Cambridge city agencies’ reports on their use of surveillance technologies. It will be in person and over zoom. If you want to speak in favor of reining in government surveillance at it, please contact us at email@example.com to coordinate.
Links we discussed:
- Il (caro) prezzo da pagare per le immagini dei beni culturali;
- Per la libera circolazione delle immagini del patrimonio culturale pubblico;
- Supreme Court rules against Andy Warhol’s foundation on portrait of pop-star Prince;
- Remember those millions of fake net neutrality comments? Fallout continues;
- Legal Eagle on US Representative George Santos’ allegations.
Image Credit: James O’Keefe CC-BY-SA/4.0