Joe, Steve and James discuss a French government proposal to have browsers block websites on a censorship list, our upcoming events and any news that crossed our transom. Join us at the Boxborough Fifers Day on Saturday, September 2nd.
Links we discussed:
- France’s browser-based website blocking proposal will set a disastrous precedent for the open internet;
- How long before all browsers are required by law to prevent users from opening allegedly infringing sites?
- Will Browsers Be Required By Law To Stop You From Visiting Infringing Sites?
- Jolly Roger Telephone Company <=== Not an endorsement;
- Fight for the Future’s Bad Internet Bills.
Image Credit: US Government, Public Domain