Joe, Steve and James discuss the latest news that crossed our transom including a Tuesday hearing on various privacy bills, Mass. police skewing racial profiling stats, European Union Parliament votes down an awful surveillance bill and why we may finally have a Mass. data privacy bill.
Links we mentioned:
- New flyers for Boston Anarchist Book Fair;
- Tuesday, 1pm, Joint Committee on the Judiciary Hearing;
- This Massachusetts police practice skews racial profiling stats;
- Meet the ‘SafetyStick,’ Somerville’s new robotic approach to doling out parking tickets;
- MAJOR PIRATES WIN: PARLIAMENT AGAINST #CHATCONTROL;
- As Musk endorses antisemitic conspiracy theory, X has been placing ads for Apple, Bravo, IBM, Oracle, and Xfinity next to pro-Nazi content;
- An Act to establish the Massachusetts data privacy protection act;
- U.S. Data Privacy Protection Laws: A Comprehensive Guide.
Image Credit: James O’Keefe CC By-SA 4.0