Last week we took a stand against bombing Syria and joined with others in protest on Saturday. In the past we have steered clear of such statements, but it made sense based on our values and the increasing surveillance we all are under.
President Obama has asked Congress for a resolution allowing him to bomb Syria, but not limiting the attacks to only Syrian government forces or even to Syria. Reports are that the Senate will vote on this resolution today.
Please contact our Senators and House Representatives TODAY and urge them to vote against this resolution. Their contact information is below:
- Senator Elizabeth Warren – Facebook / @elizabethforma / (202) 224-4543 http://www.warren.senate.gov/contact.cfm
- Senator Ed Markey – Facebook / @MarkeyMemo / (202) 224-2742 http://www.markey.senate.gov/contact.cfm
- 1st CD Representative Richard Neal – Facebook / @RepRichardNeal / (202) 225-5601 / (413) 785-0325
- 2nd CD Representative James McGovern – Facebook / @RepMcGovern / (202) 225-6101 / (508) 831-7356
- 3rd CD Representative Niki Tsongas – Facebook / @nikiinthehouse / (202) 225-3411 / (978) 459-0101
- 4th CD Representative Joseph P. Kennedy III – Facebook / @joekennedy / (202) 225-5931 / (617) 332-3333
- 5th CD Representative – Vacant
- 6th CD Representative Jonathan Tierney – @RepTierney / (202) 225-8020 / (781) 595-7375
- 7th CD Representative Michael Capuano – Facebook / @mikecapuano / (202) 225-5111 / (617) 621-6208
- 8th CD Representative Stephen Lynch – Facebook / @RepStephenLynch / (202) 225-8273 / (617) 428-2000
- 9th CD Representative William Keating – Facebook / @WilliamKeating / (202) 225-3111 / (617) 770-3700
Also, there is a rally this Saturday opposing bombing Syria we hope you will attend.