Tuesday, May 3rd, is International Day Against DRM (Digital Rights Management) and we want you to join us in celebrating it.
We will join with other activists to educate the public in front of the offices of the World Wide Web Consortium, which is currently the battleground for a our opposition to a plan to add a universal DRM system to the Web. Then we’ll try to meet with W3C officials about the threat of DRM in Web standards.
- MEETING TIME: 11:30 AM, Tuesday, May 3
- MEETING POINT: In front of the Stata Center at MIT (aka building 32): 32 Vassar Street Cambridge, MA 02139
- 11:30 – 12:30 Flyering and public education outside W3C Offices at Stata Building
- Offer to meet with W3C Staff to politely discuss the dangers of DRM in the Web
- RSVP ENCOURAGED: firstname.lastname@example.org