On Sunday, December 16th, we will join with the Harvard Law School’s Sex Worker Advocacy Network to organize a vigil to End Violence Against Sex Workers. We will meet at 7pm in front of Boston Police Headquarters at One Schroeder Plaza in Roxbury. Each year, sex workers and their allies gather in events around the globe to mourn those lost to violence, and to renew their commitment to greater rights and safety for all sex workers.
We chose this location to emphasize the role of criminalization and policing in fueling the harms that sex workers continually face. The BPD headquarters is between the Roxbury Crossing and Ruggles stops on the MBTA Orange line, and a short walk from either.
This Saturday, December 8th from 2-4pm, we will hold a sign making party at the Capital One Café community room in Copley Square, 799 Boylston Street, Boston.
Here are a few ways you can help make this event successful:
- Tell us you plan to attend
- Join our Facebook event
- Encourage your friends to attend the vigil
- Share this post, the sign up page or the Facebook event
- Join the sign making party this Saturday
- Distribute flyers or put up posters
- Encourage an organization you work with to co-sponsor the event
- Donate to help pay for the event