Steve and James discussed Twitter locking out some applications that use their API and why we need Open APIs. We also discussed what is going on with the Pirate Party and other news that crossed our transom. Join our February 18th Winter conference.
Some of the articles we discussed:
- Twitter Makes It Official: No More 3rd Party Clients Allowed;
- Twitter tweaks third-party app rules to ban third-party apps;
- Pluralistic: Tiktok’s enshittification;
- Mastodon Activity Pub;
- ActivityPub Rocks;
- Join PeerTube;
- Massive outage grounded US flights because someone accidentally deleted a file;
- FAA finds outage was unintentionally caused by contractors.