Our first surveillance camera mapping outing of the Fall is today, Saturday, September 12th, 11am to 3pm in Boston. We will meet near the Brewer Fountain on the Boston Common on the side in front of the State House. The schedule is:
- 11am-noon: training;
- noon-2:00pm: map cameras;
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: come back and debrief.
We encourage everyone to a wear mask and socially distance. It is ok if you cannot stay the whole time. Help for as long as you are able.
We will have another on Saturday, October 17th, 11am to 3pm in Worcester – Register here.
For those who would prefer to work on their own, we setup some tutorials at https://masspirates.org/wiki/Mapping_Surveillance including:
- Using OSM Field Papers. This tutorial allows you to generate papers of maps of an area that you can hand out to people to mark the cameras they find.
- Mapping Cameras with OpenStreetMap’s Web UI
- Mapping Cameras with Go Map!! on the iPhone
Thanks to John and Steve for putting these tutorials together.
See you then!