This week’s Pirate News is up. Joe, Steve and James talk about what’s going on with the Pirate Party and give the Pirate perspective on this week’s news.
We talk about some recent Massachusetts surveillance revelations:
- ACLU FOIA requests show Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles has allowed local, state, and federal agencies to access its face recognition system — absent any external oversight
- Our take on the Massachusetts Police Reform bill including its limitations on facial recognition tech
- Customs and Border Protection & JetBlue’s pilot program to utilize facial biometrics to verify the identity of travelers prior to their departure on JetBlue international flights from Boston Logan Airport and John F. Kennedy Airport in the United States
- A new bill on Beacon Hill would provide a set of rules on how officials can use the license plate reading camera systems that are found across the state, including at the Bourne and Sagamore bridges
- City of Boston Committee on Public Safety and Criminal Justice on Tuesday, March 9 at 1:30pm
- Hunting the Hunters: How We Identified Navalny’s FSB Stalkers